The Cleaner Air Partnership
An alliance to help the six-county Sacramento region meet clean air standards that protect health and promote economic growth.
Easy-to-use information on how to get around without harming our air quality.
Government organizations that set and enforce air pollution policies at the local, state and federal levels.
- Sacramento Metropolitan Air Quality Management District
- California Air Resources Board (CARB)
- California Air Resources Board Air Quality Data
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Yolo-Solano Air Quality Management District
- Placer County Air Pollution Control District
- El Dorado County Air Quality Management District
- Feather River Air Pollution Control District
Transportation Planning Agencies
Provide regional transportation planning and funding. Some serve as forums for the study and resolution of regional issues.
- Sacramento Area Council of Governments (SACOG)
- Placer County Transportation Planning Agency (PCTPA)
- El Dorado County Transportation Commission
- Caltrans District 3
- Federal Highway Administration (FHA)
- Federal Transit Administration
- Transportation Planning Program, Office of State Planning
Financial Incentive Programs
Provide financial incentives and/or assistance for clean-air equipment and retrofits of diesel vehicles and equipment, including long- and short-haul trucks, construction and agricultural equipment, etc.
- Carl Moyer Air Quality Standards Attainment Program
- California Air Pollution Control Officers’ Assocation Carl Moyer page
- West Coast Diesel Collaborative
- SECAT (Sacramento Emergency Clean Air Transportation Program)
- SmartWay Transport Partnership
Transportation Management Associations
Private, non-profit, member-controlled organizations that provide transportation services such as ridesharing, commuter incentives and shuttles.
Air-related Organizations and Associations
Non-governmental organizations that promote clean air policies, and associations of air quality professionals and advocates.
- Sacramento Area Bicycle Advocates (SABA)
- WALK Sacramento
- California Air Pollution Control Officers’ Association (CAPCOA)
- California Environmental Dialogue
- National Association of Clean Air Agencies
- American Lung Association
Agencies that provide light rail, bus, shuttle and commuter rail services.
- Amador Transit
- Amtrak Capitol Corridor Intercity Rail Service
- El Dorado Transit
- Sacramento Regional Transit District (RT)
- South County Transit Link
- YoloBus/Yolo County Transportation District
- Yuba-Sutter Transit